Monday 14 March 2016

Arsenal Transfer News: Zlatan Ibrahimovic Confirms PSG Exit.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has confirmed he will leave Paris Saint-Germain at the end of this season, opening up his chances of a summer move to Arsenal or Manchester United.

Speaking to the Guardian this week, Ibrahimovic said that, as things stand, he will no longer be a PSG player next season (h/t Daily Star's Luke Gardener):

But, for now, I will not be at PSG next season. I have one-and-a-half months left on my contract here. I will enjoy while I’m still here.

What will happen next year, I do not know, but for now, I will not be here.

I do not think they can change the Eiffel Tower by my statue, so... Even the leaders of the club cannot, I think. But if they can, I’ll stay here, I promise.

The Sweden striker thundered four past Troyes on Sunday as PSG routed the minnows 9-0 to claim another Ligue 1 title and Ibrahimovic's fourth in succession since moving to France in 2012
A list of Europe's top clubs are sure to be on red alert with confirmation one of the continent's elite finishers will be available for capture this summer, with Arsenal reported to be among that crowd of suitors.  

Needless to say the forward's prerequisite for remaining in the French capital doesn't look likely to be fulfilled anytime soon, meaning it's more than likely Ibrahimovic will be plying his trade elsewhere next term.

Sunday's four-goal haul brought Ibrahimovic's Ligue 1 goal tally up to 102, while he has now netted 141 goals for PSG across all competitions and has further cemented his place as the club's all-time top scorer.

BT Sport provided highlights of all nine goals PSG put past Troyes on Sunday as they bulldozed their way to yet another domestic title and remained a gargantuan 25 points ahead of second-placed AS Monaco
Ibrahimovic undoubtedly has all the credentials to play for Arsenal and would give them a certain shimmer in attack, but at the age of 34, the striker may not appeal to manager Arsene Wenger, whose priorities often lie in promoting youth.

Gunners legend Thierry Henry recently told Sky Sports his old Barcelona team-mate could be a good fit at the Emirates Stadium.

Source: Bleacher Report.

Tillys Shop Karmaloop LJ SHOPPING.NET INC. Mother of The Bride Dresses NEW STYLE

No comments:

Post a Comment